Professional Grade Backing Tracks

Moderator: rockinchippy

zakk54

Professional Grade Backing Tracks

Post by zakk54 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:12 pm

Hi All,

My wife and I did the cover band thing for some 6 or so years together, her singing and me on guitar. We recently moved away from the bass player and drummer that I've been playing with on my own 15+ years and the 6 years with my wife.

We just got asked to play in some local establishments and have the itch again. We just don't have time to rehearse and find a new bass player and drummer at this point...

Our solution is to play out with backing tracks for bass, drums and keyboards as we own all the sound gear to do so and can work rehearsal time into our at home schedule as we have a special needs child that needs to be in the comfort and safety of home quite a bit.

We want real instrument (no midi) studio quality tracks that are professionally done and accurate. We are comfortable paying a market price per tune for said quality...

Any suggestions on the best way or place to make this happen? We've heard a few solo artists at the Jersey Shore that plain killed it playing out this way...

The other idea is to send our bass player and drummer the tracks so they can practice the set list and we can get together once in a while minus the backing tracks when time allows...

Thanks!
~Mike
Last edited by zakk54 on Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

RCM78

Re: Professional Grade Backing Tracks

Post by RCM78 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:03 am

http://www.karaoke-version.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is a good place to start. Some of the backing tracks use midi, and some don't. You just have to listen to them and decide if they are for you...

zakk54

Re: Professional Grade Backing Tracks

Post by zakk54 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:59 am

RCM78 wrote:http://www.karaoke-version.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is a good place to start. Some of the backing tracks use midi, and some don't. You just have to listen to them and decide if they are for you...
Great Stuff... Thanks!
~Mike